creating persistance mounts

When I first generated my 1.7 cygwin system, it created the System mount points for me. In looking the documentations for mount, I can not find the necessary info to create a persistance system mount. Anything I mount get taged as a "user" mount. What's the secret. I use the "-s" options, it gets flagged as invalid arg. I tried:
mount -f -s R: /r DOESN'T WORK
mount -f -o -s R: /r DOESN'T WORK
mount -f -o --system R: /r SAME
mount -f --system R: /r SAME
mount -f R: /r WORKS, except as "user"

The documentation does not help much (man pages & web page). Can someone tell me how to mount a FS as "system"?