Re: Changing HOME for PERL

Dexter_Michael@emc.com wrote:
Before I go and end this thread can you tell me if the Perl.exe I have in Cygwin looks correct?

I can cd /usr/bin and the Perl there is:

dextem@USENDEXTEML1C /usr/bin
$ ls -la Perl.exe
-rwxrwxrw-+ 1 dextem mkgroup-l-d 34304 Jul 19 2007 Perl.exe

I am not seeing the 'x' for execute however and maybe this is the issue?
This is odd. You do know that Unix, thus Cygwin, implements a case sensitive file system (in most cases) and that Perl.exe is not the same as perl.exe. I've never seen a Perl.exe in Cygwin and alas I have no more Windows machines at home to test on.

Given the above I do see an "x" - actually two of them - one for owner and one for group. You are the owner (dextem) so you have execute permissions. (BTW: the mkgroup thing is trying to tell you to run mkgroup > /etc/group).

Aside from reporting your particulars as described in http://cygwin.com/problems.html, it would be interesting to show the output of "which perl" and try a "perl -de 1" to start up Perl in it's debugger from the command line. If that works then the shebang line should work. If the shebang line is not working then I would thing "perl -de 1" would also not work and may output enlightening stuff.
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
Now they show you how detergents take out bloodstains. I think if you've got a T-shirt with a bloodstains all over it, maybe laundry isn't your biggest problem. Maybe you should get rid of the body before you do the wash.