Re: setup.exe: How specify web proxy by command line parameters

On 09/15/2009 11:00 AM, Dr. Christoph Gille wrote:
Hi all,

I am developing a computer program
http://www.bioinformatics.org/strap/ which uses Cygwin.  Cygwin
is installed automatically by the program. The user does not need
to interact with setup.exe.  This is done by downloading and
starting setup.exe programmatically, with some command line options.

My problem: I need to specify the Web-proxy.  I have looked for
command line parameters, environment variables, registry
entries and files, but have not found anything.

How can I programmatically specify the Web proxy for invocation of setup.exe?

There had been discussion on this previously:

http://www.nabble.com/-Patch--Proxy-command-line-argument-td14989738.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/cygwin@cygwin.com/msg35204.html

Sounds like you want Cygwin 1.7's setup.exe -> <http://cygwin.com/setup-1.7.exe>

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746