Re: setup.exe: How specify web proxy by command line parameters

On 09/15/2009 12:28 PM, Dr. Christoph Gille wrote:
Hi Larry,

http://www.bioinformatics.org/strap/ which uses Cygwin.  Cygwin
My problem: I need to specify the Web-proxy.
Sounds like you want Cygwin 1.7's setup.exe -> <http://cygwin.com/setup-1.7.exe>
Yes, that is what I need. It is great!
There is also the text search field that I missed so many years!
Why is it not yet the default setup.exe?

It will be when 1.7 is released. That will happen "soon".

I would prefere a stable URL without the version number in the URL, something like
http://cygwin.com/setup-current.exe
Otherwise my program would need to probe several URLs with increasing
version number.

When 1.7 is released, the "setup-1.7.exe" link will become <http://cygwin.com/setup.exe>
as Chuck said.

Using this improved setup.exe there would be only one user interaction
left: The user needs to mark the closest mirror. I do not think that this
could be done automatically at the moment or what
do you think?

Closest mirror? I'm not sure what you mean by this. 'setup.exe' does not require
this as a setting. Actually, there is no such concept. You need to specify a mirror
to work with but you can do that with '-s'.

Holliston, MA 01746