Re: cygdrive prefix

Vincent R. wrote:
Hi,

Is there any good reason to force user to use /cygdrive/ before accessing a drive ?
Considering you aren't forced to use /cygdrive/ (see mount(1m)) no...
I am asking it because I regularly switch from cygwin to mingw and some simple script needs to be adapted every time.
Huh? Can't your script sense you're using Cygwin or Mingw?
Wouldn't be easier to access directly to a drive without entering cygdrive? Is there any reason for that ?
What would be your proposal for a POSIX path to indicate you are now accessing a Windows drive by letter? "/cygdrive/" is just a string indicating this. You can change it with mount(1m). Personally I (ab)use /dev...
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
Never raise your hands to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected.