Re: Subversion https access

On 9/18/2009 7:40 AM, Jason Pyeron wrote:
I have two machines on my desk. One performs fine, the other gets SSL errors
while trying to connect.
The files under /cygwin on both machines are the same. Attached are both
cygchecks. DDCRDR003646 is the working machine.

The error:

$ svn co https://XXXXXXXXXXXXX/YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
svn: OPTIONS of 'https://XXXXXXXXXXXXX/YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY': SSL negotiation
failed: SSL error: unknown protocol (https://XXXXXXXXXXXXX)

Any ideas on what should my next debugging step be?

svn is working fine here against Apache2 running SSH. This looks to me like a problem with the server, not the client. My suggestions for debugging are:

 1. Hit the URL with your web browser and check if it works.
 2. Try another, Windows-based client (e.g., TortoiseSVN) to
    see if that works.
 3. Try switching to serf using this switch to svn:
    --config-option servers:global:http-library=serf

If those ideas don't help, there are these shots in the dark:

 1. Switch your HOME directory to a path without a space.
 2. Remove (or move) ~/.subversion

                -- Henry Spencer, University of Toronto Unix hack