This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
cygwin bash and DOS cmd extremely sluggish.
- From: Frank Kim <mtmusko at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 07:11:00 -0700
- Subject: cygwin bash and DOS cmd extremely sluggish.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
For some reason my Cygwin bash is very sluggish. Whenever I type it
takes awhile for it to respond. There is no load on the system and
when I type in Word or another program it seems fine.
I reinstalled Cygwin but this didn't seem to fix the problem.
I then noticed that the DOS cmd window is also very sluggish.
Any ideas why this is happening? My only clue is that this seemed to
start happening after I switched the drive letters of my external hard
drive from G:, H:, I: to E:, F:, G: respectively.
I am running on a ThinkPad T60p w/ Symantec Anti-Virus, Sonic DLA,
Google Desktop, etc.
Any help would be appreciated,
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple