This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ZIP64 support?
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: paul dot hermeneutic at gmail dot com, Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 16:53:08 -0400
- Subject: Re: ZIP64 support?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> What is the status of ZIP64 support in Info-ZIP? Will this be in 6.0?
> I received a ZIP64 file and had to use WinRAR to extract.
Please direct questions regarding cygwin packages to the cygwin list, thx.
Info-ZIP zip-3.0 (available for both cygwin-1.5 and cygwin-1.7) supports
creating ZIP64 archives, AFAIK.
Info-ZIP unzip-6.0 (available only for cygwin-1.7) supports unpacking
(and listing) ZIP64 archives. For cygwin-1.5, only unzip-5.52 is
available, which doesn't support ZIP64. You'll have to compile
unzip-6.0 on that platform yourself (and I don't know how difficult that
will be; there are a number of patches needed for clean builds on
cygwin-1.7, so I assume building on cygwin-1.5 will require similar
I do not plan to release unzip-6.0 for cygwin-1.5.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple