symlinks show .exe

Hello.

I have just noticed the following behavior in Cygwin 1.5.25-15:

$ ln -s /bin/ls lls
$ ls -l lls
lrwxrwxrwx 1 vincent cygwin 11 Oct  4 14:13 lls -> /bin/ls.exe

I think the link target should not show the .exe
For example, if I make on Cygwin a tar archive containing symlinks to well-known executables, it will not work as expected on other OS.

As Cygwin allows referring to executables with or without .exe, in any context, it should be ok to remove that .exe in symlink targets.

Do you agree this is a bug and it should be fixed ?

--
Vincent Rivière