This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: gdb, insight, and tcltk
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 14:53:57 -0400
- Subject: Re: gdb, insight, and tcltk
- References: <4ACD0C50.firstname.lastname@example.org>
The existing cygwin gdb/insight 6.8-2 package has the following change:
2007-11-30 Pedro Alves <...>
* i386-tdep.c (struct i386_frame_cache): Rename saved_sp to
prev_frame_sp. Add saved_sp_regnum field.
(i386_analyze_stack_align): Record which register holds %esp in
(i386_analyze_register_saves): Move higher on the file.
(i386_analyze_frame_setup): Account for register saves before stack
(i386_frame_cache): If possible, prefer reading the register that holds
the previous stack pointer from the stack .
(i386_frame_base): Set i386_frame_args_address as args method.
(patch vs. "regular" gdb-6.8 attached). However, I *think* that given this:
that Pedro's change is now unnecessary (it certainly needs a lot of TLC
to apply to 7.0, in any case). Also: gdb/insight built without this
change seem to work ok.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple