This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problem [1.7] find ... | xargs ... in [1.7]: too fast for its own good?
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 10:13:59 +0200
- Subject: Re: Problem [1.7] find ... | xargs ... in [1.7]: too fast for its own good?
- References: <4AD41F23.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Oct 13 07:33, Fergus wrote:
>> > I'm wondering if that's one of these dreaded BLODA problems
>> > again...
>> Can't go for 10 consecutive minutes without incurring the "Windows
>> Explorer has stopped working" glitch. Excruciating.
> Maybe I shouldn't blame W7 for the weird Cygwin file mishandling. I
> recently observed that every time the ".. stopped working" message appears
> on screen, it is matched by the transient occurrence of a McAfee icon in
> the taskbar. Of course, it being a work machine, I cannot disable McAfee in
> order to research any links between strange Cygwin behaviours and it. Just
> love workplace paranoia and the consequent imposed protections: the cure
> is, always, so much worse than the disease.
Sounds bad. And then, I ran the tests on a laptop running W7, just not
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple