This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Cygwin prompt QuickEdit not enabled by default
- From: "Jonathan Grant" <Jonathan dot Grant at renesas dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 13:38:43 +0100
- Subject: Cygwin prompt QuickEdit not enabled by default
Could Cygwin be updated so that the PIF properties on C:\cygwin\Cygwin.bat
are set so as to allow QuickEdit? Currently for each install we need to
manually enable this default feature of CMD prompts on windows.
Workaround, edit per install:
1) right flick on "C>" icon select Properties
2) Click Options tab
3) tick "QuickEdit Mode"
4) Click OK, and make sure "Modify shortcut that started this window" is
I'm not on this list, so please include my email address in any replies.
Best regards, Jon