This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [1.7] Case-sensitive programs exist but cannot both be run
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 10:03:02 +0200
- Subject: Re: [1.7] Case-sensitive programs exist but cannot both be run
- References: <4AD7F017.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Oct 15 23:01, Yaakov S wrote:
> It appears that two EXEs can coexist (with the registry setting) but only
> whichever one was so named first will be run:
> Bug? Limitation? If it hurts, don't do that?
Limitation. While we can do everything with files using native NT
calls, we can't use NtCreateProcess to create new processes. We
have to use CreateProcess, and there's no flag available which defines
case-sensitivity for this call, unfortunately.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple