This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
mount, registry, local machine and current user
- From: Andreas Politz <politza at fh-trier dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 16:01:58 +0200
- Subject: mount, registry, local machine and current user
how can I configure cygwin to use my personal installation (e.g. at
h:/cygwin), instead of the system one (s:/cygwin) ? What I tried is to
1. login winxp as user (administrator privileges are not available to
2. execute some foo.reg, which inserts the mount table in the
3. start rxvt.exe from h:/cygwin/
Though the manual states, that the mount table in the current_user tree
takes precedence, I end up with a cywin mounted from s:/cygwin.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple