This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Contents of /usr/share/man/man2 is empty
- From: Andy Koppe <andy dot koppe at gmail dot com>
- To: pmcferrin at columbus dot rr dot com, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 23:51:38 +0100
- Subject: Re: Contents of /usr/share/man/man2 is empty
- References: <4ADA430A.firstname.lastname@example.org>
2009/10/17 Paul McFerrin:
> I noticed that /usr/share/man contains a "man2" sub-directory but it is
> empty. ÂAny particular reason? ÂI have Category Cygwin-doc installed for
> cygwin 1.7 but I am missing all man pages for Section 2 of the manual.
Section 2 is system calls, which don't exist on Cygwin, because it's a
POSIX implementation on top of Win32 rather than an emulation of a
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple