Re: [1.7] windows 7 with networked drives - ls failure and mount -c does not stick...

http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU

> Device Type        : 7
> Characteristics    : 10
> Volume Name        : <backup>
> Serial Number      : 86510372
> Max Filenamelength : 255
> Filesystemname     : <NTFS>
> Flags              : 2f
>   FILE_CASE_SENSITIVE_SEARCH  : TRUE
>   FILE_CASE_PRESERVED_NAMES   : TRUE
>   FILE_UNICODE_ON_DISK        : TRUE
>   FILE_PERSISTENT_ACLS        : TRUE
>   FILE_FILE_COMPRESSION       : FALSE
>   FILE_VOLUME_QUOTAS          : TRUE
>   FILE_SUPPORTS_SPARSE_FILES  : FALSE
>   FILE_SUPPORTS_REPARSE_POINTS: FALSE
>   FILE_SUPPORTS_REMOTE_STORAGE: FALSE
>   FILE_VOLUME_IS_COMPRESSED   : FALSE
>   FILE_SUPPORTS_OBJECT_IDS    : FALSE
>   FILE_SUPPORTS_ENCRYPTION    : FALSE
>   FILE_NAMED_STREAMS          : FALSE
>   FILE_READ_ONLY_VOLUME       : FALSE
>   FILE_SEQUENTIAL_WRITE_ONCE  : FALSE
>   FILE_SUPPORTS_TRANSACTIONS  : FALSE

That looks like standard Samba 3.x.  Can you please send me the actual
version number?  It's quite surprising that this Samba version of yours
behaves like this:

   72   89997 [main] ls 6572 fhandler_disk_file::readdir: NtQueryDirectoryFile
   failed, status 0xC00000BB, win32 error 50

0xC00000BB is STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED.  I never saw this status code
returned by Samba before.  Consequentially this status code is not
handled in Cygwin's readdir() code right now.  It looks like this
can be worked around easily, but I need you to test it.  Is it ok with
you if I send you a pointer to a patched Cygwin DLL by private mail?

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat