This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Time differences between USB - HD
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 11:08:03 +0100
- Subject: Re: Time differences between USB - HD
- References: <4AE4E191.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Oct 26 00:38, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
> Just now we are back to Standard Time, I noticed that the files on USB key
> have timestamps +1 hour, compared to the same on HD.
> This happens only under Cygwin: there is not difference under DOS box.
> I am sure I am missing something...
I just set the clock of my machine back to the day before yesterday,
created a file on the USB stick and one on the HD. Then I copied the
file on the stick to HD and the file on HD to the stick. Afterwards I
stopped my Cygwin shell, reverted the dat to today, and restarted the
Cygwin shell. The dates are still the same on stick and HD.
Is $TZ set in your shell, maybe? Is the HD a locale HD or a remote
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple