This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: dash but no ash; mkpasswd/mkgroup problem; rebasing
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 11:16:41 -0400
- Subject: Re: dash but no ash; mkpasswd/mkgroup problem; rebasing
- References: <4AE70118.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 10/27/2009 10:18 AM, Eliot Moss wrote:
Warning: C:\cygwin\usr\local\bin\bash.exe hides C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe
This could have been your problem. Postinstall scripts run under bash.
If your local version wasn't up to the task for some reason, postinstall
scripts would fail and your installation would be incomplete. Just a WAG.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple