This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Cygwin setup.exe crashes during 1st-time install of cygwin
- From: <isthis1taken at gmail dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 23:14:27 -0500
- Subject: Cygwin setup.exe crashes during 1st-time install of cygwin
Cygwin setup.exe crashes during 1st-time install of cygwin.
The crash always occurs at the same screen: selection of the packages path
for the local install option.
System: Windows XP Pro SP3 32-bit
Taking the same steps produces the same results, including installation
under Safe Mode. This a full rundown of what happens:
1. Run setup, (it reports v2.573.2.3), click Next.
2. Choose the Local Directory install option, click Next.
3. Leave the defaults for path, users, and text file type; click Next.
4. Leave the pre-canned path ("D:\app_cache\cygwin_cache", where setup.exe
was run from); click Next.
5. Setup.exe crashes. ("setup.exe has encountered a problem...")
6. Click Send Error Report, error report is sent, click Close.
7. DrWatson crashes immediately afterward. ("DrWatson Postmortem Debugger
has encountered a problem...")
8. Click Send Error Report, error report is sent, click Close.
9a. Cygwin setup.exe remains in memory, so I close it and get the End Task
9b. Click End Now in the End Task dialog. ("You chose to end the
nonresponsive program, setup.exe".)
10. Click Send Error Report, error report is sent, click Close.
11. Two instances of DrWatson (drwtsn32.exe) remain in memory; I choose to
End Process from the Task Manager.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple