Re: Use of Dual Core causes random failures building OpenJDK

mike marchywka wrote:

> No, read my posts. I contributed an observation that suggests the
> windoze variables don't handle concurrent updates well. Two threads
> needn't come from same process.

  This is where your misunderstanding comes in.  If they aren't from the same
process, they cannot be updating the same copy of the environment, since each
process has its own, so there can not possibly be a concurrency issue.

> Well, again, if the OS has some underlying issue

  It doesn't; you really have misunderstood the situation.

    cheers,
      DaveK