Re: Help with errors while compiling

Afflictedd2 wrote:
Thank you Dave! I hadn't thought of doing it directly in the cygwin console,
because I had tried it on my regular console which also has the cygwin path
in it, but it also has the mingw32 path.. which I think that's the root of
all evil :\

Hey, no fair, you never mentioned all that before!

Sorry I forgot :\

It works great like that, also with my makefile.. but I want it to work with
the IDE, because I like a lot of its features, and I'm I don't like the
cygwin console much. I just need to know what environment I need to create
in it. Any clues where I could find this type of information?

I know I used mingw-make32 but.. I've also tried using the
C:\Cygwin\bin\make, and I get the same errors, so if there could be a way to
put the same environment that cygwin console has, into my IDE. Where is this
environment information listed?

Ed.

Dave Korn-6 wrote:
Afflictedd2 wrote:
Well,

Now that you say that. I will simplify my makefile, but then it doesn't
know
what pthread_create is.. or anything related to pthread.
C:\Users\Viper\Documents\Cpp\Pthreads>"C:\Program Files\SlickEdit
2009\win\vsbuild" -signal 9009 -command make -f "Makefile" CFG=Debug
VSLICKERRORPATH="C:\Users\Viper\Documents\Cpp\Pthreads"
Hey, no fair, you never mentioned all that before!

mingw32-make: *** [Debug/Pthreads.o] Error 1
  And you're not even using cygwin make.  Clearly this "vsbuild" thing has
no
idea how to drive Cygwin's gcc and it's getting all your paths and
environment
variables mixed up.

The Pthreads.cpp file is perfect, I've tried it in Linux..
And I've tried it in Cygwin:

$ mkdir Debug

admin@ubik /tmp/pthread
$ g++ -c   -g -o "Debug/Pthreads.o"  Pthreads.cpp

admin@ubik /tmp/pthread
$ echo $?
0

admin@ubik /tmp/pthread
$
... so it's all down to some problem in the IDE you're using.  Which seems
be expecting to work with visual studio.  No wonder the poor thing's
confused!

    cheers,
      DaveK

"C:\Program Files\SlickEdit so perhaps the user guide at http://www.slickedit.com/products/slickedit/product-documentation