Re: [Numpy-discussion] Import numpy fails on cygwin python

--- Mar 8/12/09, Olivia Cheronet  ha scritto:

>  > >> Does the file
>  > >>
> /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/linalg/lapack_lite.so
> exist ?
>  > >>
>  > >> cheers,
>  > >>
>  > >> David
>  > >
>  > >
>  > > Indeed, this file is not there. Where can I find
> it?
>  >
>  > My mistake, cygwin uses the same extension as
> windows, that is .dll
>  > and not .so, so I would need the output of ldd
> lapack_lite.dll as well
>  > as the output of nm lapack_lite.dll
>

>  Here are the outputs of cygcheck (instead of ldd as
> advised in
>  http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2009-10/msg00004.html) and
> nm.
>
> cyglapack.dll does exist, but in
> lib/lapack/cygblas.dll.....
>
>  Thanks,
>
>  Olivia
>
>  $ cygcheck
> /lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/linalg/lapack_lite.dll
>
> C:\cygwin\lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/linalg/lapack_lite.dll
> ???C:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll
> ? ???C:\WINDOWS\system32\ADVAPI32.DLL
> ? ?
> ???C:\WINDOWS\system32\KERNEL32.dll
> ? ? ?
> ???C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll
> ? ?
> ???C:\WINDOWS\system32\RPCRT4.dll
> ? ? ?
> ???C:\WINDOWS\system32\Secur32.dll
>  Error: could not find cyglapack.dll
> ???C:\cygwin\bin\libpython2.5.dll

The lapack dll's are in
/usr/lib/lapack to allow anyone willing to install atlas
libraries to have them in /usr/lib without collision.
This was a decision taken by my predecessor as lapack
mantainer and I am sticking to it.

There are two scripts
/etc/profile.d/lapack.csh
/etc/profile.d/lapack.sh
that should add /usr/lib/lapack at the end of the PATH.
Of course they do not work if you redefine PATH by yourself.

$ cygcheck -l lapack
/etc/profile.d/lapack.csh
/etc/profile.d/lapack.sh
/usr/include/cblas.h
/usr/include/cblas_f77.h
/usr/lib/lapack/cygblas.dll
/usr/lib/lapack/cyglapack.dll
/usr/lib/libblas.a
/usr/lib/libblas.dll.a
/usr/lib/liblapack.a
/usr/lib/liblapack.dll.a
/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/lapack-3.0.README
/usr/share/doc/lapack-3.0/LICENSE
/usr/share/doc/lapack-3.0/LICENSE.atlas
/usr/share/doc/lapack-3.0/README

the same is true for lapack 3.2.1 on cygwin-1.7

Regards
Marco Atzeri
cygwin lapack mantainer