Manually installing a packages not in the cygwin repositories

Dear all,
I am trying to install M2 using new cygwin setup 1.7Beta, since it doesn't supports the new beta, I have received an error message when I have trid to install packages from M2 repository:
http://groups.google.it/group/macaulay2/browse_thread/thread/ce0d9d91cc716973

I have installed it manually, in ~/foo/usr following the steps on the M2 site:
http://www.math.uiuc.edu/Macaulay2/Downloads/Microsoft-Windows/Cygwin/download.html

Now it works (I have not tested it with X-11), but I must to go on the folder where I have extracted the bz file
/foo/usr/bin
There exists a script to install it like other Cygwin packages (for example executable in the bin directory C:\cygwin\bin or /usr/bin) ?
Sorry but I am a newbe of Cygwin, an d I have tried to Googling withount finding anything
I have already tried to move directory manually but I have "access denied" errors trying to launch M2
Sandro