Re: openSSH Windows server 2003, key mode

Stéphanie Cettou wrote:
[]
> debug1: match: OpenSSH_5.1 pat OpenSSH*
> debug1: Enabling compatibility mode for protocol 2.0
> debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_5.1
[]
> debug1: Host '10.4.15.5' is known and matches the RSA host key.
> debug1: Found key in /home/scettou/.ssh/known_hosts:3
> debug1: ssh_rsa_verify: signature correct
> debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS sent
> debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS
> debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS received
> debug1: SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_REQUEST sent
> debug1: SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_ACCEPT received
> debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,password,keyboard-interacti
> ve
> debug1: Next authentication method: publickey
> debug1: Trying private key: /home/scettou/.ssh/identity
> debug1: Offering public key: /home/scettou/.ssh/id_rsa
> Connection closed by 10.4.15.5
>
> Wh[y] Connection closed????????

Do you have access to the server sshd log?  It could be faster to find
out why sshd is closing the connection in there.

My guess is that your authorized_keys is corrupted or has invalid keys
or perhaps more than one key per client is nor allowed (I wasn't sure
about this last one when I wrote my first reply)... so you can move it
to one side and make a new authorized_keys with only the key you copied
following my test:

mv .ssh/authorized_keys .ssh/authorized_keys.old
cat tempKey > .ssh/authorized_keys

This time is not append but create/overwrite.

If that still doesn't work then perhaps your Cygwin home is on a DOS
style (Fat32) file system, i.e. with CR-LF line endings and sshd chokes
on that.
--
René Berber