Re: 1.7.0-51: Problem using ssh public/private key authentication

XYM wrote:

> I was running a ssh-server and connect with Putty to my server using a
> tunnel. Everything works fine till today. After upgrading to 1.7.x and
> trying to connect to my server I get the following message:
>
> 2 [main] -bash 3776 C:\CygWin\bin\bash.exe: *** fatal error - couldn't
> dynamically determine load address for 'WSAGetLastError' (handle
> 0xFFFFFFFF), Win32 error 126

I am having the exact same issue. I installed cygwin with very basic
configuration (added ssh, rsync and vim).

The odd thing about this is: when user/password prompt is enabled and
entered manually, it logs in without any problems. The error comes up when
the public key authentication is used. Unfortunately, for my application, I
really need the key auth.

It seems to be a recent problem, there are very little google results about
this issue...

Happy X-mas!

Mark