RE: "mount -a" has no effect on the cygdrive prefix

> Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 13:15:29 +0100
> From: corinna
> Subject: Re: "mount -a" has no effect on the cygdrive prefix

>>> Did you figure out the reason?
>>
>> I know the reason, I just don't work on it yet. It's on the TODO list
>> for the new year.
>
> That's fixed in CVS now.

Hi All...

I just reviewed chapter 3 of the user guide and found no mention of posix=0
as the default for /cygdrive. Perhaps something like this in section 3.1.2
in the table of options.

posix=0 - Switch off case sensitivity for paths under this mount point. (default for /cygdrive)
posix=1 - Switch on case sensitivity for paths under this mount point (default for all other mount points).

Ans something like this in section 3.1.3.

...assuming the cygdrive mount options are binary,posix=0 (the defaults), then any file /cygdrive/x/file will be...

Also, I understand your reasoning on posix=0 in the output of the mount
command, except for "mount -m" output which for all other options suppresses
the default options because it targets the fstab file. I don't think that
"mount -m" should output posix=0 for the cygdrive prefix.

Alternatively, one could make posix=1 the default for all mounts. :-)
This might be (inconvenient now, but) less problem in the long run.

Thanks,

...Karl