Re: CreateProcess() - executed program gets different argument depending if it's compiled with gcc (cygwin) or cl (VS)?

On Feb 18 21:24, Piotr Krukowiecki wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 7:02 PM, Larry Hall (Cygwin)
> <reply-to-list-only-lh@cygwin.com> wrote:
> > On 02/18/2010 12:55 PM, Piotr Krukowiecki wrote:
> >> - if the executed program is compiled with cygwin's gcc the program
> >> receives \127.0.0.127\foo.cxx (just one backslash at the begining).
> >> - if it's compiled with cl it gets \\127.0.0.127\foo.cxx (double
> >> backslash - what I expected)
> > '\' is an escape character in C, Unix, and Linux. ?In Windows, it's a
> > path separator. ?Use '/' instead when working with Cygwin and you'll
> > avoid allot of problems. ?Better yet, use POSIX paths exclusively.
>
> "\\hostname" is remote path location, I don't think I can use
> "//hostname" instead, either for cygwin program and especially not for
> not-cygwin program, can I? (can't check it now)

Yes, you can use forward slashes, even in Win32 calls.  In Cygwin you
*should* use them, otherwise you lose certain functionality.  The next
version of the Cygwin User's Guide, which will come with Cygwin 1.7.2,
adds additional description about this.

Corinna

Red Hat