Re: cygport suggestion

On 2010-02-25 10:13, Eric Blake wrote:
Several GNU packages are now starting to supply additional configure
arguments in the --with-packager namespace, in order to ease the branding
of a downstream distro build.  My recent m4 1.4.14 build shows the effect
of using them:
[...]
Notice the additional lines mentioning Cygwin.  Is it worth teaching
cygport to automatically supply configure arguments of:

--with-packager=Cygwin --with-packager-version=$PVR \
      --with-packager-bug-reports='<cygwin@cygwin.com>'

for packages that support this idiom?  If not, then this email serves as a
hint for other packagers to modify their own .cygport files.

cygconf provides the standard arguments which are common to all autoconf-generated configures. AFAICS (but correct me if I'm wrong) these are not standard arguments, rather separate AC_ARG_WITHs which some packages are choosing to implement. In that case I consider them package-specific and I would encourage packagers to add them accordingly to those packages' CYGCONF_ARGS or as arguments to cygconf.

Thanks though for the heads-up.

Yaakov