Re: MIT krb5 on cygwin?

Corinna Vinschen-2 wrote:

> Let me put it this way.  We would be really glad to have a Cygwin
> maintainer for an MIT krb5 package.

I see...
I gave a try now to krb5-1.8 (instead of looking at the Windows port).
Configure dies in:

configure:7006: error: Shared libraries are not yet supported on this
platform.

Not quite sure yet how it got to this conclusion.
Possibly using an --enable-static flag would get us further.
I kind of guess there must be a 'standard way' to cope with this.
I think of this funny libiconv.dll.a file that I saw earlier...

Er... OK, I looked at http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/dll.html
and found 'The import library is a regular UNIX-like .a library...'

But the only Iconv related dll I found was:

/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10/i686-cygwin/auto/Text/Iconv/Iconv.dll

so that I don't know what to think.
Marc