Re: compiling apache2.2.6 package fails on cygwin 1.7

Jakob Curdes wrote:
>    But as obviously this package has succseefully been compiled under
>    cygwin this cannot be the real problem..

cygwin's apache2 package has not been rebuilt since Sep 17 2007, and it
is now orphaned.  Translation: bit rot.  there have been a LOT of
changes in cygwin and many of the other libraries, but this
frozen-in-amber version of apache2 has not been updated as (may be)
required.

Frankly, I think you'd have better luck starting with cygwin-ports version:
http://cygwin-ports.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/cygwin-ports/ports/trunk/www/apache2/

but...even that might be tricky, as the cygwin-ports buildscript for
apache2 may assume the presence of other packages from cygwin-ports,
which are not yet available in the main distro.  YMMV.

--
Chuck