RE: 1.7.1: cvs version built in is unstable

I have performed further tests.

I checked out the module on another machine.  It worked fine.
I copied the repository to my local machine and checked out from there.  It worked fine.
I copied the previously mentioned files (p_change.pl,v and p_check.pl,v) to new files (p_change2.pl,v and p_check2.pl,v) and then checked out the whole module again from the remote machine (afer deleting the current checked out copy).  The old versions continued with the same problems and the new files have a similar response, but it was switched around.  i.e.:

p_change.pl didn't work
p_change2.pl worked
p_check.pl worked
p_check.pl2 didn't work

This is very strange.

There seems to be a link between the problem and ssh.

-Kevin