This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: unable to set icrnl (stty -F /dev/ttyS2 icrnl) for an ftdi device
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 10:17:48 +0200
- Subject: Re: unable to set icrnl (stty -F /dev/ttyS2 icrnl) for an ftdi device
- References: <FDDDEAAHAFIADFJAC@webmail.ulb.ac.be>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Apr 4 01:55, Robrecht Dewaele wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I'm using cygwin 1.7.2 on Windows 7, and I am unable to set the icrnl flag for /dev/ttyS2 as shown at the bottom of my message. The device attached to ttyS2 is a ARM development board which uses an ftdi chip for serial communication over USB.
These settings are not supported on the serial line. Basic I/O is
supported, but no cooked mode. Maybe we can derive the fhandler_serial
class from fhandler_termios instead of from fhandler_base at one point,
but none of the core developers really need and use serial I/O so our
incentive to change that is very low.
Having said that, we certainly appreciate patches to Cygwin's serial
I/O stuff. See http://cygwin.com/contrib.html
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple