This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin default installation: co mmand not found
- From: Morgan Gangwere <0 dot fractalus at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 06:38:33 -0600
- Subject: Re: Cygwin default installation: co mmand not found
- References: <BAY133-W19E57FC5270840D01116238A180@phx.gbl>
On 4/6/2010 6:34 AM, Matthijs Nescio wrote:
When downloading cygwin by its install program, it stalled. I tried
again a few times. Eventually, Cygwin got installed. When I typed simple
commands like ls or cp, the standard answer of the shell would be
"command not found". I could solve it by creating a file named profile
in C:\cygwin\etc with contents
I'd assume you started with running "C:\Cygwin\Cygwin.bat"?
Out Of Curiosity, do you have the setup log from /var/log/setup.log?
> Because it breaks the logical flow of conversation, plus makes
>>> Top-Posting is evil.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple