Re: scp no longer reports incremental progress

Chris Sutcliffe wrote on 2010-04-06:

On 2 April 2010 10:06, Matthias Andree wrote:
So let's get the network out of the picture. I also observe:

20100328, no processes running, ash -c "rebaseall -v" starts logging dll
names after < 1 s.

20100331, same situation, ash -c "rebaseall -v" shows no output. Note I'm
not waiting very long, if the system has become an order of magnitude slower
or goof up flushing console output that would also count as regression.

I've run experiments in mintty as well as cmd.exe windows.

Erm.... Not sure I follow here, was this supposed to be in response to the scp issue or a new topic? Why would you rebase for the scp issue?

To scp. scp forks ssh under the hood, and that might fail for obscure reasons, so this is just a safety measure not to report things that would get solved by "rebaseall".

--
Matthias Andree