From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com] On Behalf
Of Corinna Vinschen
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2010 1:27 PM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: PLEASE TEST YOUR FS (was Re: 1.7.1: cvs version built in is
unstable)

On Apr  7 19:06, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Apr  7 09:06, Roe, Kevin L. wrote:
> > Corinna,
> >
> > My problem system is the netapp you previously in this thread helped
me with (the issue with the cp command).  It is not a Samba system.

> Ok, back to square one.  I add the problem to my TODO list.  We need a

> way to allow only DOS filenames on crippled filesystems.  Since I
> don't have such a filesystem myself, I'll need to come back to you for

> testing at one point.

Btw.

Can anybody reproduce this problem with trailing dots and spaces in
filenames on other filesytems than netapp?

It would be quite helpful to get feedback from people using filesystems
which are recognized by Cygwin as nwfs, unixfs, mvfs, or cifs.

For testing, try to create *in Cygwin* a file called "foo." and a file "
foo ".  If it works, and if a following `ls' and `rm' on the file works
as well, everything's fine.  If some error occurs, especially "No such
file or directory", then that filesystem probably requires special
handling just like netapp.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat