Re: installer improvements

Tim McDaniel <tmcd@panix.com> writes:

> I then clicked on qt3-doc's New value repeatedly to reach Uninstall,
> but on the first click (Reinstall, I think), setup.exe put qt3 back to
> being installed.

It's this same cycling-activates-dependencies problem that makes it
impossible to remove all X Windows-related packages once any one of them
is installed. The relationships between all the font, graphics, and
sound packages is mystifying. I don't want to use any of them, but I
can't seem to get rid of them.

On several occasions I've spent about an hour trying again and again to
request that they all be removed, but there's always one that's a
dependency of something else installed, and if you dare accidentally
cycle through the Skip/Keep/Install/Remove choice one step too far, the
house of cards tumbles down again.

--
Steven E. Harris