Re: Usage of _exit(0) closes fd's of parent process

On Apr 11 12:48, Dave Korn wrote:
> On 11/04/2010 07:29, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> > On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 01:48:51AM -0400, tmhikaru@gmail wrote:
>
> >> establishes a tcp connection in the parent,
>
> > your conclusions about the problem.  For instance, what does "stays
> > connected" mean?  Are you using sockets, pipes, a file, shared memory,
> > etc.?
>
>   Call it guesswork or an assumption if you like, but I think he's using a TCP
> socket!  Wasn't there a thread like this just recently that Corinna was
> helping someone with a problem and it was to do with some kind of "winsock
> handles aren't quite like other handles when it comes to duplicating them"
> problem?  I'll have a search through my old emails and see if I can find it.

None of the problems discussed was about accidental closing of handles
in parent processes.  There's a lot of weirdness in WinSock, but this
one I never encountered.

Anyway, a *simple* testcase in plain C with only the bare minimum of
code to reproduce the problem could be helpful.

Corinna

Red Hat