Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygwin-1.7.5-1

> I just released 1.7.5-1.  This release fixes a few bugs, mainly a
> serious memory leak, and introduces a single new feature.

The setup.exe is detected as some sort of malware in latest Comodo
Antivirus (I believe it's widely used in general but I don't know about
Cygwin community in particular).

I guess (and hope) that is a false positive and I notified the them on
the appropriate forum.

Some binaries are also detected as some sort of malware.

In the mean time if somebody wants to install the new Cygwin you may
want to turn antivirus off and then add setup.exe to the "safe files"

For backups done trough the shadow mechanism, the same.

Cheers,
--

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.