This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Running old cygwin.dll under Windows 7
- From: "Hussein Patwa" <cygwin at patwanet dot co dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 23:56:41 +0200
- Subject: Running old cygwin.dll under Windows 7
- Reply-to: cygwin at patwanet dot co dot uk
Apologies for what is probably such an obvious question, but some of the
utilities I wish to use do not support the latest cygwin dll. However, I
tried running the legacy setup but Cygwin will not start, with the Windows
7 Subsystem for Unix complaining of invalid applications and .pif files.
Would anyone be able to advise how I can use an older version of cygwin
with Windows 7? Note the legacy tried to run in Compatibility Mode with
Thanks, and please bear in mind I'm still relatively new to this.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple