This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin slow on x64 systems
- From: StephenBartlett <stephen dot bartlett dot us at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 19:41:04 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Cygwin slow on x64 systems
- References: <20100123171936.GE23796@err> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Same problem here. Has anyone figured out what it is yet ?
Vincent Richomme-2 wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 11:19:36 -0600, David Morgan <email@example.com>
>> Hello all,
>> We use cygwin for our build environment, and have observed that
>> everything runs extremely slow on x64 systems, for versions newer than
>> approximately 1.5.12 (including 1.7.1).
> Hope you will find something because I already have reported this but with
> no success.
> My QuadCore 3.GHz with 4GB feels like an old 386 when running cygwin on
> Windows 7 64 bits!
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/Cygwin-slow-on-x64-systems-tp27288031p28354068.html
Sent from the Cygwin list mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple