Re: sshd

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 14:17, Eric Berge <> wrote:

> Check the service to see if it's configured using "Services"
> under "Administrative Tools" in the control panel.  If it is
> you might want to check the firewall, but it sounds like it
> was working before the update so it shouldn't be that.
>
> Eric

Services is fine. Your comment about the firewall caused me to double
check that. Once I started down that road I quickly found the problem.
In the same time frame that I updated Cygwin versions corporate
switched us from Symantec to McAfee. The new McAfee stuff added a
firewall which I'd not configured to allow ssh. Thanks for the
comments and shining a light in the dark corner I'd neglected.

Steven