Re: Server 2008 permission denied on creating files of certain extensions.

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 13:55, Jason Pyeron wrote:
> I can create almost any file, but when the extension is of the "executible"
> nature to windows I get a permission denied error.

As your problem is specific to executables, two things from top of mind:
1) Possible BLODA; If you deactivate your antivirus/malware software,
do the problem go away?
2) UAC. Is this in an elevated shell?

If this doesn't help, I think you should follow the problem report
guidelines in http://cygwin.com/problems.html so we can assess what
could be wrong.