Re: Re: Windows GUI programs (e.g. notepad) start but are invisible after ssh login

> From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)"
> Subject: Re: Windows GUI programs (e.g. notepad) start but are invisible
after ssh login

(...)

> The short answer?  You can't or at least you shouldn't.  The
> longer answer is MS doesn't want to allow this functionality
> and has disabled the ability to access a desktop from a
> service as of Vista.

Bad news... I have devised a fairly complex
environment that allows running regression tests
remotely on *nix hosts. I was hoping I will be
able to embrace Windows by just running Cygwin
sshd.

(...)
> when you install the 'sshd' service.  Or you can call up the
> adminstrator tools, find the sshd service, and enable desktop
> interaction there.  This should work, though there have been
> some reports of difficulty on this list even for XP.

I have just checked it on NT (by using Administrative
Tools). The notepad window now pops up but it is not
redrawn correctly. I can only see a very thin frame,
no menu, no title bar no nothing... I will investigate
Vista tomorrow.

> anyway, the best way to get a reliable way to do this is to lobby
> MS for some support. ;-)

I'm afraid my lobbing powers are not big enough ;-)
It's difficult to change the course of a ship that big.

K.

Mariola nudzi sie ... zagraj z nia!
Sprawdz >>> http://linkint.pl/f2779