Re: ssmtp wish list

Le 01/07/2010 23:57, Refr Bruhl a écrit :

Team

I discovered the ssmtp.conf file needed for ssmtp to work was not
> deployed/available when I did the Cygwin Setup...
> for a future release can a sample ssmtp.conf file be distributed?
> There's a .keep file but its options are somewhat misleading.

please, configure your mailer to break line at 76 char.

I'll suppose the .keep file is to be sure that /etc/ssmtp directory will not be removed by error...
rmdir doesn't work on non empty directories.

as usual when you install a cygwin package, take a look into :

/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/ssmtp.README

To complete the installation you'll have to run
         /usr/bin/ssmtp-config

package readmes and samples are in :

/usr/share/doc/ssmtp

where you may find sample configuration files :

revaliases
ssmtp.conf

to known the package file list :

cygcheck -l ssmtp