RE: Re: Installation of Apache2 out of the box cannot find some shared library

Thanks for the clues. The problem seems to be absence of cygcrypt-0.dll, apparently a familiar trouble point. Both cygcheck and strace found the library missing.

I have checked my file hierarchy, and have not found the library, neither in /bin/ nor in /usr/bin. An old posting refers to it as a member of the crypt-package in the Libs-category, but that package is not part of my distribution. Installation of libcrypt* libraries did not help either.

Mirrors presumably all carry the same distributions, but if I'm wrong please let me know.

Where do I find the ... library?

JÃrgen