Re: elusive segfault on latest snapshots

On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 05:40:27PM +0000, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>--- Sab 31/7/10, Christopher Faylor  ha scritto:
>
>> -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> random segfault
>> >
>> >Does this mean that 2010-07-07 does not have problems?
>
>yes, it works fine
>

>> Actually, I'd be particularly interested in knowing if
>> 2010-07-18 has
>> the problem.
>
>yes, it has.
>

>> cgf
>>

>It is very elusive and it does not happen all the time,
>just most of the time; every snapshot segfault in a
>different point of the building and some time also
>the same snapshot behavior differently.
>
>I guess is due to some type of race but no clue how to
>pin point it.

It's sort of a race but it's really more of an incredibly stupid thinko
on my part owing to the fact that I "optimized" some of the signal
handling.  I almost knocked myself with the head slap out when I finally
saw the simple problem.

This should be fixed in today's snapshot.

cgf