NTFS network drives in cygwin 1.7.5

Dear cygwin mailing list,

I recently starting using cygwin 1.7.5, and I appear to be having
problems with file permissions on network drives.

My computer (windows XP) is part of an NT domain, to which I am logged
in. I am using the passwd and group files that were automatically
generated at install.

On the local drives, the file permissions work fine:

$ ls -ld .
drwxr-xr-x+ 1 gsteele Domain Users 0 2010-08-05 11:18 ./

However, on the network drives, they are all clobbered:

$ ls -ld /cygdrive/k/ns/qt/nanotubes/data
d---------+ 1 gsteele Domain Users 0 2010-07-07 14:22
/cygdrive/k/ns/qt/nanotubes/data

I also have another computer in the same network environment running
cygwin 1.5.25, and when I log on this computer, the file permissions
for the same directory are not clobbered:

$ ls -ld /cygdrive/k/ns/qt/nanotubes/data
drwxr-xr-x 1 gsteele Domain Users 0 Jul  7 14:22
/cygdrive/k/ns/qt/nanotubes/data/

Has there been a recent change in cygwin that is causing some problems
with network drive file permissions? Is there a solution for this?

Thanks,
Gary