Re: Bug tracker

On 19.08.2010 23:11, Eric Blake wrote:
On 08/19/2010 01:59 PM, Jeremy Bopp wrote:
Of course the quality of the defect tracker is directly related to the
effort the maintainers put in to keep it relatively pruned and
organized.  Maybe that is too much to expect for most maintainers at
this time.

Bingo. That's why I'm perfectly happy with mailing lists and no extra burden of a web-based tracker for the packages I maintain on my spare time. Why add overhead to a process that already works for me?

Agree.

I use Thunderbird as MUA. It allow filtering message by many condition.

For example if I interesting in Bash or Emacs I make filter that check
Subject for entry  'bash' or 'emacs' keyword
and STAR this letter in folder to get more attention and
copy to 'Important' folder as I always chech this directory.

So if someone properly report issue/news I get attention.

For search for already reported issue I use GMANE:

http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin

or in google: site:http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin KEYWORD
site:http://news.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin KEYWORD

So with mail list you can be NOTIFIED in realtime and
effectively SEARCH for already reported issue.