Re: bash igncr documentation - where?

On 09/01/2010 12:12 PM, Daniel Barclay wrote:
Where is the documentation of the igncr (ignore-CR) option for Cygwin 1.7's
bash?

(There does not appear to be any reference to it in
- the current Cygwin User's Guide (http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/),
- the current CygWin FAQ (http://cygwin.com/faq.html), or

Nope, since those are generally about cygwin1.dll, and not bash.

- in bash man page from CygWin.

Nope, since I haven't bothered to make my cygwin-specific patch even bigger than it already is by touching the man page too (but PTC, if you write such a patch, I'll probably include it, next time I repackage bash for cygwin).

(I did find some e-mail about it from several years ago, but haven't yet found anything that clearly applies to the current version of Cygwin bash.))

Yep - that email (most recently here[1]), along with /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/bash.README, are the definitive sources of all documentation to cygwin-specific patches to bash (of which igncr is one).
[1] http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2010-08/msg00015.html