Re: Fwd: Windows File permissions are not being inherited - Cygwin 1.7 - Windows 7

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 8:25 PM, Jeremy Bopp <jeremy@bopp.net> wrote:
> Your answer was simply an assertion that there possibly was and may
> still be something wrong with the permissions handling under Cygwin, but
> that you also haven't confirmed that recently. ÂThe details really would
> be helpful and likely necessary if you would like to have your patch
> accepted by the maintainers of setup.exe.

No, my patch can't be accepted as it removes permissions handling
completely. It wasn't me who started the thread and I believe, my
patch can be of interest for anyone else who will search for a
solution for this specific problem.

Anyway, I don't see how an option to switch off permissions handling
by setup.exe can harm while there is similar functionality in cygwin
itself. My very limited understanding of C is not enough to do this,
and I never worked with GUI applications. But I will see if it can be
done via command line switch and if I succeed, I will submit a proper
patch.